My weight loss!

Wednesday 6 January 2010

January Challenges at from Screen 2 Scrap and ARTastic

Hi Guys!

2010 already! Last year flew by but they always say time flies when you're having fun! And what could be more fun than having a go at the new challenges over at From Screen 2 Scrap and ARTastic, where I happen to be the guest Design Team Member for this month WOOO HOOO! Both blogs have got great challenges up this month and some great prizes too so come on over and have a look and get your creative caps on!

Here is the poster inspiration for this months challenge at From Screen 2 Scrap

The added criteria are

1. Black and white layout

2. Using one strong color

*Movie Diva Demand* For an extra bonus two points ....... use three or more black and white photos on your layout( This is optional, you dont have to do this but it does give you the extra bonus points!)
And here is my take on this challenge

I used the poster almost as a sketch but as my paper was square I used all the sides for my photos! I kept to the same colours as I love this combination! I kept it quite plain and simple like the poster with a few buttons and a flowers as my embellishments with a few small rub ons added to some of the photos.

Now here is the Piece of Artwork that is the inspiration for this months challenge at ARTastic

It is an amazing floral painting by Australian Artist Pro Hart

This is what Shazza had to say:

The Design Team and I thought it would be a good idea to use an Australian artist for Januarys inspiration, as we celebrate Australia Day on January 26th. This piece of art work is an easy one to use for inspiration. you could use the colors, shapes or even the overlapping technique. You could even add lots and lots of flowers. looking foward to seeing what you come up with.
Added Criteria

*ARTastic Diva Demand* For an extra two bonus points ....... add a cluster of flowers or a bouquet of flowers or a vase of flowers ( This is optional, you dont have to do this but it does give you the extra bonus points!)

and here is my Layout inspired by this painting!


I took my inspiration from the bright colours in the painting and tried to copy some of the spiky feel with the edges of the paper. in keeping with the floral theme I cut the strip of flowers out of a sheet of 12 x 12. I used Heidi Grace Chipboard letters and some rub ons for the title. For the Artastic Diva demand I have the little bouquet of flowers.I enjoyed this challenge thanks Shazza

I have also donated one of the prizes for this months challenge which is a selection of Letter stickers, embellishments and some sticky mini dots!

No comments:

scrapbook pages

My rainbow

Your rainbow is strongly shaded violet.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

What is says about you: You are a creative person. You appreciate beauty and craftsmanship. You are patient and will keep trying to understand something until you've mastered it.

Find the colors of your rainbow at spacefem.com.

I am Blue- it's not as bad as it sounds

You Are A Blue Girl
Relationships and feelings are the most important things to you.
You are empathetic and accepting - and good at avoiding conflict.
If someone close to you is in pain, it makes you hurt as well.
You try to heal the ones you love with your kind and open heart.

You are The Empress

Beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, luxury, dissipation.

The Empress is associated with Venus, the feminine planet, so it represents, beauty, charm, pleasure, luxury, and delight. You may be good at home decorating, art or anything to do with making things beautiful.

The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born. This is why her symbol is Venus, goddess of beautiful things as well as love. Even so, the Empress is more Demeter, goddess of abundance, then sensual Venus. She is the giver of Earthly gifts, yet at the same time, she can, in anger withhold, as Demeter did when her daughter, Persephone, was kidnapped. In fury and grief, she kept the Earth barren till her child was returned to her.

What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.

Cards